Thursday 17 March 2011

Garnier Moisture Rescue Review

G'day Guys and Dolls!

About a week ago, I picked up a few products from the new Garnier line, Moisture Rescue.  I have been using their Fresh line for a few years now and loving it so I figured I'd give the new line a try.  I have been blessed with overall really lovely skin and a nice complexion but my issue has always been I have very sensitive skin and thus I have trouble finding products which won't upset the natural balance of my skin. When I first started using the Fresh line, I was immediately in love.  I personally have always used the entire line and of course there were a few standout products that still have a permanent place on my counter.  I love Love LOVE the eye makeup remover and I can't say enough  about the toner either.  I also love the 24h Deep Moisturizer because I love to mix it with my foundation for the perfect tinted moisturizer.  The cleanser on the other hand, *shrugs* I could do with out.  It always left my skin feeling dry and just... kinda funny.

Now, this new line, this was something I had to get my hands on. The 2 products in this line I was most interested in were obviously the cleanser as it's a moisturizing cleanser and the lovely new gel cream.  I am an avid lover of Clinque's Moisture Surge, but being a broke student, I just can't swing that.  So whilst out and about last week, I decided to pick up these 2 products and give them a whirl.  Here are my thoughts on these products and the new line.




Garnier Moisture Rescue Fresh Cleansing Foam

I do not own this photo, it's from the website.  Just to give you an idea ;)


Where to buy in Canada: I picked mine up at Zellers while they were having a sale and got the Cleanser for $4.99 CAD and the Moisturizer for $10.99 CAD (regular price, only the cleansers were on sale).  You can pick these up at most any drugstore and the regular retail price is $10.99 for the moisturizers in this line and $7.99 CAD for the cleanser.


My Thoughts:
As mentioned, I loved the previous line I was using, but due to the cold months, I was in dire need of some moisture (Funny, I live in Vancouver where it rains all Winter and Spring long).  My inital thoughts on this cleanser was that I couldn't figure out why the heck they call it a foam?!  The formula itself is in a tube and is a thick, creamy pearlescent cream.  Even when lathered on my face with water (You apply to a wet face, obviously) it didn't foam.  This little fact doesn't actually bother me in the least, just confuses me.  Due to the consistency of this product, a little bit really does go a long way and all you need is maybe a quarter sized amount in the palm of your hands to get your face all fresh and clean.  It does an amazing job as a cleanser, taking off all my makeup with ease.  It feels wonderfully smooth on the skin (Obviously it's not an exfoliating product, just to clarify) and has the same smell as the Fresh line does.  It's a wonderful airy type of fragrance that smells like freshly washed laundry, one of my favorite smells in the whole world.  For those of you who aren't big fans of a scented face wash, this won't be the product for you.  Fragrance aside, I've had NO issues with breakouts or hives which is normally the problem I have with most face products. It literally leaves your face feeling squeaky clean and deliciously soft.  I can honestly say I have noticed a very obvious change in my skin texture with this cleanser.  It definitely delivers in the moisture category and always leaves my face sparkling clean with a really lovely fresh glow.  This is now my go-to cleanser.  Hands down. It's really a wonderful product and I can't sing it's praises loud enough.  I would strongly suggest giving this product a go if you too have sensitive skin.  I have normal skin, no real oily spots and no real dry spots, so I know it most certainly works for the gals with normal skin.  I feel this product would also be well suited to the gals with oily skin also as it really is a very deep clean feeling and due to the fact it's made with grape seed extract, it will give you moisture without adding to your troublesome oily areas.  Give it a go and I'm positive you will love it :)

Who would LOVE this product: Girls with sensitive skin.  Definitely.  It's very lightweight and very gentle and still does an amazing job of cleaning your face completely.

Who wouldn't love this product: Being as I have normal skin, I can only vouch for the normal skin types.  Also, on the website, it's also filed under the "Normal & Combination Skin" tab and thus I can't honestly say how well it works if you fall outside those margins.  I do however feel it will work very well for everyone.

Would I repurchase: Of course I will! It's practically HG status on my counter now!



Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel Cream

I do not own this, either.  I think you get the point, though!


Where to buy in Canada: Available at Drugstores for $10.99 CAD (The Garnier Canada website normally always has coupons for at least $1 off and London Drugs has it on sale fairly often.)

My thoughts:
I know there probably isn't one single soul that isn't looking for a super lightweight intensive moisturizer.  I know this.  I know this simply because I was one of those people until I found this wonder product.  I am one of those girls that wears moisturizer under my tinted moisturizer foundation.  I have been told since I was too young to remember how amazing my skin and thus, I've always tried my best to keep it that way.  I have always had wonderfully soft skin and a great complexion and I know that is an amazing gift to have.  I have always had issues with moisturizers feeling really heavy and make my face feel almost as if it's suffocating.  I have been trying to find a moisturizer like this since I first discover the Clinque Moisture Surge and then discovered I couldn't actually afford it.  I will be frank and say straight out, that after only a week, this has reached full HG status and I'll never be without it.  The lightweight gel formula is a true wonder on the skin and it is indeed very refreshing.  It glides onto the skin with ease and cools instantly.  I feel that I'll love this even more come Summer!  The gel consistency is truly wonderful as a little product goes a very long way.  The first night I got a great big finger full and dotted in onto my cheeks, forehead, chin and nose and lo and behold, I had so much product I had to work it down my neck and onto my chest and top of my breasts! The next night, I had obviously learned my lesson and used less.  It sinks in almost instantly and doesn't leave your skin feeling tight or sticky in the slightest.  Moments after it dries, you can already feel the difference.  Hell, you can see it too!  I swear to Robert Plant (What?! He's MY God.) that you will see a glowy, plumper more rejuvenated face looking back from the mirror at you!  This moisturizer is absolutely perfect to wear under your foundation and almost completely takes away the need for a primer (I said ALMOST.  I still use a primer)  The only downside I can see to that theory is that there is no sunscreen in it.  That being said, also in this line is a lightweight SPF 15 lotion.  I didn't bother to pick this up as my foundation has SPF 15 already in it and as mentioned, I was looking for an all around lightweight gel type moisturizer for night and day.  I personally do use this both night and day.  It sinks in so quickly and leaves skin so soft that it's perfect 'round the clock.  Needless to say after all this, I am utterly and totally sold on this product.  I feel this would be perfect for every skin type as it is so lightweight yet so moisturizing.  Unlike most moisturizers that are either so heavy your face almost always feels "damp" or one so lightweight you feel like you got nothing from it; this is very long lasting and has grape seed extract and vitamin E for long lasting hydration that will last as long as your day (and night!) does.

Who would LOVE this product: Honest to Robert Plant; Everyone.  I have the sneaking feeling everybody has looking for a moisturizer like this to join their daily skin care routine.

Who wouldn't love this product: That's a very good question.  I would say maybe someone looking for something a bit heavier or someone looking for something with SPF and anti aging properties. 

Would I repurchase: In case I didn't make it clear enough; FULL HG STATUS. This product is like the highlight of my beauty year. No jokes, no exaggerations.


As always, I right reviews to shed a bit more light on certain products I feel strongly about.  I especially prefer to focus my reviewing energy on readily accessible and affordable products as I'm on a budget and most of the world is too, right now.  I hope this review was of some help to you and has helped you make an informed decision. I encourage you to try things for yourself and form your opinions, because as always in the beauty world; what works for one, doesn't necessarily work for all. Thanks again for checking in :)

Lots Of Love

No comments:

Post a Comment