Sunday 3 April 2011

MAC Candy Yum Yum & Playtime Review (Picture Heavy)

Good Evening, All!


MAC Candy Yum Yum is a bright neon pink.  It's a matte shade and it's Limited Edition for the Spring '11 Quite Cute collection. This particular matte doesn't feel like a matte and definitely is not as drying as matte lipsticks normally tend to be.  Extremely pigmented and very long wearing, (I wore this for 5 hours while drinking and eatting and didn't need to reapply until the 5th hour.) this lipstick is a real gem. It's a blue toned pink and works very well on fair skinned gals and I really feel it would wear well on anyone who has the confidence to pull it off.  It's definitely VERY bright and as such, you should definitely follow the rule and wear this with a neutral type eye.

Mind my unamused face; it's late


MAC Candy Yum Yum
 Honestly, I just can't say enough about this lipstick.  It's true love in a tube for me and I swear I'll never be without it again.  I was lucky enough to have an amazing MA at the MAC pro store on Robson who went and found me the last presale Candy Yum Yum in the entire store and I am ever so grateful to her for it.  I will certainly be heading to my local MAC store here in Richmond Center on the 7th on the actual launch day to get a backup! Throw on a bit of mascara and maybe some fabulous falsies and a bit of eyeliner and rock this lipstick with all the confidence you've got and I promise, you won't be disappointed. What will really shock you won't be the color; it'll be all the compliments you get!

Totally Stellar; Right?!
MAC Candy Yum Yum (With Flash)
MAC Playtime is a rather sheer magenta purple. An absolutely gorgeous color that looks amazingly bright in the tube, when worn on the lips, it's very sheer and gives your lips a perfect lovely purple sheen to them.  This particular lipstick is a cremesheen finish and applies smoothly.  If you have very pigmented lips, as I do, I suggest a good lip primer to make the color POP a bit.  I think this lipstick is actually really quite nice because even though it looks very bright in the tube, it applies sheer which really would make it okay for every day wear with almost any kind of eye.  I like this simply because I LOVE color and appreciate having the ability to wear it without always catching girls with the sideways glance, looking at you like "IS SHE REALLY WEARING THAT?!".  Where as I don't mind causing a spectacle, I know some of you aren't quite as carefree when it comes to such things.  This lipstick has almost a duo chrome type shimmer to it which really does make it quite eye catching. Overall, just a really beautiful lipstick you will be kicking yourself for if you miss out on.

MAC Playtime (With Flash)

Playtime certainly isn't as loud as Candy Yum Yum but I personally feel it is worth picking up as it really is very wearable on all skin tones.  Being as it's an LE, I know some of you are probably feeling the need to grab one just so you don't look back in the future and wish you had.  That's the exact reason I picked this out and I must say, I feel no remorse.  I would strongly suggest trying it on in the store before you buy it to see if it's really "You".  It's a really versatile color that can be built up or worn sheer.  Definitely worth picking up!

MAC Playtime (Without Primer, With Flash)


All in all, I can certainly say from what I've seen, the lipsticks and the nail polishes really are the standouts of this spring collection.  If you get the chance to check this out, I'm sure you'll love it.  This collection truly embodies spring and I am ever so glad I got a small piece of this!

MAC Candy Yum Yum (With Flash, obviously!)



MAC Candy Yum Yum (with Flash)
MAC Playtime (Without Flash)

MAC Playtime (With Flash; Sorry it totalllly washes it out!)

See?  Quite sheer but totally buildable
I hope this was at least a little helpful and as always,
Lots of Love

4 comments:

  1. I just ordered both of these colors, I am loving yum-yum, but kind of nervous of playtime on my skin town. Oh well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, Playtime is VERY flattering! I think it would look absolutely gorgeous with your skin tone! It's a really great color because you can apply it really sheer for almost like a duo chrome type shine or layer it on a bit thicker to really get some of the purple tones to show. I think you'll love it. I was pretty skeptical at first and wasn't the biggest fan but I wore it a few times and feel in love.

    Candy Yum Yum is a no brainer, any and everyone will love that color and look great in it! All it takes is confidence to make that color look good :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. CYY is my new go-to i bought back ups too,I love yr medusa piercing,I know probably everyone asks this but did it hurt/What is the healing like?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's honestly the most amazing lipstick I have ever had. It inspires me <3

    And the medusa didn't really hurt any more than any of other lip piercing did. It stung a bit but I wouldn't say it hurt. It healed very quick, as all oral piercings do. I'd say it was fully healed in 3 months. It's one of my favorites <3

    ReplyDelete